Excellent for eating fresh, for pies and jellies.
Cross between a
gooseberry and a black currant. Thorn- free, vigorous, and disease
resistant. High in vitamin C.
- Jostaberries grow best with a soil PH between 6.0 - 6.5. Ideal soil is fertile, loamy and well drained.
- Plant the berries roughly 2 inches deeper than they originally were in the pot or in the nursery row
if they are bare root.
- Space your plants 3' to 6' apart
- Fill around the roots with soil and firm it down.
- Fertilize and give your plants a good watering. If fall planting wait to fertilize in the spring.
|8in to 12in
|12in to 18in
|18in to 24in